Here's What You Just Did by Shopping at Book Revue, a Locally-Owned Store
1. You kept dollars in our economy. For every $100 you spend at one of our local businesses, $68 dollars stays in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 in a chain store? Only $43 stays in the community. And at Amazon? $0.
2. You embraced what makes Long Island and Huntington Village unique. We're proud of our community and all of the ways that our individual interests and stories come together. Independenty, locally-owned businesses are what make Huntington the destination that it is and are what set Long Island apart as a distinct and special part of New York!
3. You created local jobs. Local businesses create jobs for our neighbors. Our booksellers are members of your community. We are writers, artists, teachers, musicians, bakers, specialists in all sorts of fields, career booksellers, and readers you know you can trust. We love what we do and are happy to be here to talk to you about books!
4. You helped the environment. Buying from a local business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
5. You nurtured community. We know you, and you know us. Studies have shown that local business donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains. And we're always happy to work with you on fundraisers for your school or organization!
6. You conserved your tax dollars. Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify our community. Also spending locally instead of online insures that your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong-right here in your community.
7. You created more choice. We pick items we sell based on what we know you like and want. Local businesses carry a wider array of unique products because we buy for our own individual market.
8. You took advantage of our expertise. You are our friends and neighbors, and we have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. We are passionate about what we do. Why not take advantage of it?
9. You invested in entrepreneurship. Creativity and entrepreneurship are what our national economy is founded upon. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.
10. You made us a destination. The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors, and guests. This benefits everyone.
We know you have options when it comes to shopping for books online. We are grateful you choose to shop with and support Book Revue. Thanks to you, we've been here for more than 40 years and, thanks to you, we hope to be here for many decades to come!